Name: Betsy Davis
Title: EVP National Sales
Company: Sandy Alexander
Company URL: www.sandyinc.com
LinkedIn Profile URL: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davisbetsy
Please share advice for young women considering or starting a career in print… Which includes design, sales, marketing, and all jobs within.
If you want a career in an industry that:
• Is everchanging – always opportunities to learn. (After 21 years in the industry, I’m still learning!)
• Where technology and data are huge factors for success.
• Creativity is all around you from your clients, your peers, and asked of yourself.
• Opportunities abound – you can pick from a variety of positions that best suit what you’re passionate about – marketing, sales, project management, data/tech development, operations, finance – print offers it all.
• Allows you to work with well-known brands that you engage with every day and you get to help them achieve their marketing/sales objectives.
• Allows you to be a part of a team that collaborates across multiple groups – internally within your organization and externally with clients
• Is fast-paced and no week is like the other
•Allows you to create your own course – opportunities are endless!
How have mentors helped your personal and career development?
Mentors have been key to my success over the years. Primarily their belief in me when I may not have had the same vision for myself as they saw within me. They pushed me to do more, take risks, get outside of my comfort zone – all of this built confidence in me.
Get Involved and Get Empowered
Sign up to join our global mentoring program – it’s FREE!
Get your Girls Who Print Gear at our new store!
Join us in our women-only, Girls Who Print LinkedIn Group